Instead of gathering around the campfire for some s’mores this fall, Pepsi offers you a way to gather around the fridge instead.
The brand is launching a special limited-edition “Pepsi S’mores Collection” this fall, a collection of three small cans of Pepsi that together can create a S’mores-like flavor. The idea was that you would open all three cans at once and then mix them together to create your own perfect brew.
Curious about those three cans? Each can is a distinctive flavor that you would find in S’mores. Here’s the official description of Pepsi:
- Toasty Marshmallow is an all-new Pepsi brew, featuring a marshmallow base with layers of toasted notes to mimic a light fireside flavor.
- graham cracker is infused with notes of honey and cinnamon to achieve the perfectly balanced flavor profile of graham crackers.
- Chocolate contains dominant notes of cocoa throughout, with slight hints of vanilla to create extra creamy sweetness, mimicking a slightly melted chocolate flavour.
Instead of selling the collection in stores, Pepsi is giving away all 2,000 cans of the collection through a social media raffle. Fans can share an image of themselves using the hashtags #PepsiSmores and #Sweepstakes and follow @Pepsi for a chance to win a set from the limited-edition Pepsi S’mores Collection.
If you can manage to get your hands on one of the limited-edition sets, the brand has also passed on a few recipes for blends it thinks work particularly well:
- the classic – Everyone is a favorite for a reason! Perfectly balanced, as everything should be. Start with a cold glass, add 1/3 Graham Cracker, 1/3 Chocolate and 1/3 Toasty Marshmallow.
- Marshmallow (is for) Lovers – If you find yourself standing over the fire with three, even four marshmallows on one stick, then this recipe is for you. The extra layers of toasted marshmallows feel like a decadent sweet cloud hitting your taste buds! Start with a cold glass, add 1/2 Toasty Marshmallow, 1/4 Graham Cracker and 1/4 Chocolate.
- For the Graham – Often overlooked but always reliable, the graham cracker is more than a vehicle for chocolate and marshmallow – the notes of honey and cinnamon are the main ingredient in any s’more creation. Start with a cold glass, add 1/2 Graham Cracker base, 1/4 Chocolate, 1/4 Toasty Marshmallow and top with an extra splash of Graham Cracker.
- The chocolate connoisseur – For those who like to enjoy a rich, gooey s’more, pour in some chocolate…then pour in some more! Sit back and enjoy all that chocolaty goodness, marveling at this chocolaty s’more creation. Start with a cold glass, add 2/3 Chocolate, 1/3 Toasty Marshmallow and a dash of Graham Cracker.
If the idea of wild-tasting Pepsi sounds familiar to you, you’ve probably seen some of the brand’s previous releases. In the past it has released a Maple Syrup Cola, Pepsi Apple Pie, Pepsi x Cracker Jack and my personal favorite, PEPSI X PEEPS.
And if you can’t manage to get your hands on one of the limited-edition kits but still want to try some odd-tasting soda, the Rocket Fizz company makes everything from its own Marshmallow soda to cookie dough and butter-flavored concoctions, and Lester’s Fixins. has a PB&J, Ranch Dressing and even a Corn soda available through its variety pack.