Mike Tyson ‘raped a woman in the 90s after meeting her at a club,’ lawsuit alleges


Boxing legend Mike Tyson is accused of raping a woman in the early 1990s after meeting her at a club according to a $5 million lawsuit.

The woman claims the former heavyweight champion, 56, raped her in a limousine, leading to “physical, psychological and emotional harm” in the years since.


Another woman accused Mike Tyson of rapeCredit: Splash
The boxing legend is accused of raping a woman in a limousine


The boxing legend is accused of raping a woman in a limousineCredit: Getty

The woman’s affidavit gives no date for the attack, only saying it took place in the early 1990s — around the same time beauty pageant contestant Desiree Washington said Tyson raped her in Indianapolis.

See also  Eat, drink and run: Man slapped with fraud charges after trying to dodge nearly R10K bill at Durban restaurant

Tyson was convicted of rape in February 1992 and spent three years behind bars.

The woman says the pair met at a popular Albany nightclub and later got into the vehicle.

She claims in the lawsuit filed this month: “Tyson immediately started touching me and trying to kiss me.

“I said no to him several times and asked him to stop, but he kept attacking me.

“He then took off my pants and violently raped me.”

See also  Qatar's energy giant confirms deal with Lebanon, replacing Russia

The New York lawsuit was filed under the state’s Adult Survivors Act, which gives victims of sexual assault one year to file lawsuits alleging assaults that occurred years or even decades ago.

The woman is trying to maintain her anonymity because, she said, the publication of her name “would certainly put me at risk of further mental harm, harassment, ridicule or personal embarrassment.”

Tyson or his spokesperson has yet to comment on the allegations.

The former boxer was arrested in July 1991 for the alleged rape of 18-year-old Washington, who was Miss Black Rhode Island at the time.

See also  Warning from farmers... When we go, it goes food

She alleged that Tyson raped her in an Indianapolis hotel room.

He denied the rape allegations and claimed the sex was consensual.

He was convicted in 1992 and sentenced to six years in prison and four years of probation.

Tyson was finally released in March 1995 after serving less than three years of his sentence.

He must register as a Tier II sex offender for life under federal law.

Earlier this month, he claimed he had had the best three years of his life in prison and said he was treated well by fellow inmates and guards.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here