Ollie Robinson takes a short break from cricket after tweet fiasco | Cricket News

0
14

Ollie Robinson has been suspended by the ECB pending an investigation into some of the tweets he posted.© TSTIME



England County Sussex confirmed on Thursday that race leader Ollie Robinson will not be part of the squad for Vitality Blast’s opening two matches against Gloucestershire and Hampshire Hawks. “After a difficult week, Ollie has decided to take a short break from the game to spend time with his young family,” Sussex said in an official statement. “The well-being of the players and staff – including mental health and well-being – is a priority for the club and as such Sussex Cricket fully supports Ollie in his decision. come back, Ollie will be back at the club, where talks with the rest of the squad over the past week have made it clear that he retains the support of all of his Sussex teammates. We remain in close contact with Ollie from the point viewpoint of well-being and will post further updates on its availability at relevant times, ”added.

See also  Hardik Pandya shares a photo of himself "Chilling In The Clouds". See photo | Cricket News

Last week, the Sussex bowler Robinson was suspended from all international cricket by the England and Wales Cricket Council (ECB) pending the outcome of a disciplinary investigation following the tweets he made published in 2012 and 2013.

Robinson immediately left camp in England and returned to his county. Last week Robinson had “wholeheartedly apologized” for the “racist and sexist” tweets he posted more than eight years ago as a teenager. Robinson also admitted he was “ashamed” to make racist remarks as his 2012-2013 tweets resurfaced on social media.

See also  India Vs New Zealand WTC Final: Match Officials To Take Appeal On Reserve Day Likely On Day 5, Report Says | Cricket News

“Ollie is a very different man than the one who wrote these tweets and has clearly learned a lot in the years since. He has clearly expressed the shame, embarrassment and remorse he feels for the discriminatory comments he has made. he did. As a result of his actions, Ollie has had the opportunity to represent his suspended country, is the focus of intense public and media scrutiny and faces the possibility of further disciplinary action from the ECB “Sussex said in an official statement.

See also  WTC Finals: India have a fantastic bowling attack, 'cool enough' to come out to throw it with Virat Kohli, says Kane Williamson | Cricket News

Promoted

“Sussex Cricket will not add to these significant penalties. The club will turn their attention to supporting Ollie in his commitment to continue to educate himself in the area of ​​equality, diversity and inclusion.

“Ollie has more to learn in this area. We all do it. We all have a responsibility to improve ourselves and make cricket a game for everyone,” he added.

Topics mentioned in this article

.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here