The new Tata Punch will be unveiled in India on October 4, 2021. Here’s a look at what we know so far about the upcoming micro SUV.
The new Tata Punch micro SUV is expected to launch in India around Diwali.
Tata Motors will unveil the new Punch micro SUV in India next month, October 4, 2021. Tata Punch prices are expected to go on sale around Diwali. Last month, the Indian automaker dubbed it Punch and dropped the first official image of the production model, giving us our first look at the car. Additionally, the automaker has been teasing the small SUV on its social media platforms for quite some time now. A production-ready test mule was recently spotted wearing a new two-tone orange shade. In fact, variant details and color options have been leaked online, confirming some of the important details ahead of its official debut. Here are the 7 things we know so far about the new Tata Punch.
Read also: Tata Punch to make virtual debut in India next month
- Based on the recently leaked document, we can say that Tata will offer the Punch micro SUV in three monotone colors and six two-tone options. Solid colors will include – White, Gray and Bronze, while the two-tone option includes – White / Black Roof, Gray / Black Roof, Orange / Black Roof, Stonehenge / Black Roof, Urban Bronze / Black Roof and Blue / White Roof. Note that the two-tone shades will be exclusive to the high-end variants of Punch.
- Besides the colors, the leaked documents also revealed variations of the Punch. The micro SUV will be available in four trim options – Pure, Adventure, Accomplied and Creative.
- The new Tata Punch will be the first SUV to be built on the ALFA-ARC (Agile Light Flexible Advanced Architecture). It will be based on the brand’s Impact 2.0 design language. It will be positioned under the Nexon subcompact SUV in the range. The production version didn’t deviate much from the concept, as the automaker had previously confirmed that around 90 percent of the styling elements will be retained.
- Visually, the new Punch mini SUV resembles a baby Safari with its aggressive front end sporting a characteristic split lighting design. The aesthetic is emphasized by a three-arrow pattern, flanked by the LED DRLs, while the headlight unit is placed below, which will come with projector lights. It also has wraparound LED taillights with three arrow patterns, high rear bumper, roof mounted brake light, black coating, slanted windshield, a carefully sculpted tailgate with the company’s branding and more.
Read also: The interior of the next Tata Punch Micro SUV unveiled
- Inside, the Tata Punch will sport a minimalist dashboard with a two-tone black and white paint scheme. The micro SUV will get horizontal air conditioning vents with bezels. The original Harman touchscreen infotainment system will also be fitted on the Punch which resembles the one seen on the Altroz and Nexon. The infotainment system is likely to be compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. We also expect the top-of-the-line model to get the brand’s iRA connected car technology.
- As for the specs, the Punch will be equipped with a flat-bottomed steering wheel, engine start and stop button, automatic climate control, power windows up front, upholstery in fabric with a gray pattern, electrically adjustable ORVMs and white silver accents on the door handle, digital-to-analog instrument cluster, and more.
- Details of the engine have yet to be revealed. However, we expect the new Punch to come equipped with the 1.2-liter Revotron gasoline engine, which also powers the premium Altroz sedan. The gasoline mill is tuned to produce 85 hp and 113 Nm of power. It’s likely to come with a 5-speed manual gearbox as standard and an optional AMT unit.
For the latest automotive news and reviews, follow TSTIME.com on Twitter, Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube channel.