Uttar Pradesh: 3 dead, many feared trapped after multi-storey building collapsed in Lucknow’s Hazratganj

0
7

A tragic infrastructure accident on Tuesday left at least three people dead and several others feared trapped in the rubble after a multi-storey residential building collapsed in Lucknow’s Hazratganj, officials said.

Rescue operations were initiated immediately after the building collapse in Lucknow in Uttar Pradesh. Three dead bodies were recovered, while many are still feared trapped in the rubble of the collapsed structure, according to media reports.

“Rescue operation is ongoing. NDRF-SDRF personnel have arrived at the scene. Police officers and firefighters have also arrived at the scene. Three bodies have been found and sent to hospital so far,” Deputy Chief Minister Brijesh Pathak of Uttar Pradesh. told reporters.

See also  European court rejects intersex birth certificate plea – TSTIME – 31/01/2023

Asked if the collapse on Wazir Hasan road was due to an earthquake earlier in the day, Lucknow District Magistrate Suryapal Gangwar told PTI, “Nothing can be said now.”



Meanwhile, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has directed officials to provide adequate treatment facilities to the injured. CM Yogi Adityanath quickly took notice of the incident and ordered all rescue services to immediately conduct operations.

So far, the reason behind the blast has not been made clear. Some media agencies claim that the collapse of the building in Lucknow was caused by a cylinder blast, while some claim that the foundation of the building was damaged after today’s earthquake.

(With input from agencies)

READ | Shraddha Walkar murder: Chargesheet makes new revelations, victim’s father says ‘cut up Aaftab’s body’

.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here