Americans looking to jump-start their holiday shopping on Thursday have fewer options than they did before the pandemic, as more retailers now close their doors on Thanksgiving Day.
The practice of major retail chains of launching in-store Black Friday sales on Thanksgiving came to an abrupt end in 2020, when.
Although presented as a day off gift to employees, the idea seemed to catch on with the public. This is how Target will be announced in 2021for in-store shopping on Thanksgiving.
In a pinch, shoppers needing last-minute ingredients or basic supplies will find some stores open on Thursdays, though many with shorter hours. Here’s which retailers are closed and open on Thanksgiving Day.
Stores closed on Thanksgiving
- Apple stores
- Bed bath & beyond
- Best Buy
- BJ’s Wholesale Club
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
- from Dillard
- DIY store
- J. C. Penney
- from Kohl
- from Lowe
- Neiman Marcus
- Saks Fifth Avenue
- Sam’s club
- TJ Maxx
- Trader Joe’s
Stores open on Thanksgiving
- Acme — Open 7 a.m. to 4 p.m
- Bass Pro Shop—Open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m
- Large Lots — Open 7am to 1pm
- CVS — 24-hour pharmacy locations remain open.
- Dollar Tree — Open 8 a.m. to 9 p.m
- Family Dollar — Open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m
- Huge — Shops close at 2pm
- Kroger – Most stores are open from 7am to 3pm
- Meijer — Main retail locations open from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m
- Michaels — Open 6pm to 10pm
- Safeway — Open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m
- Sprouts — Open from 7am to 2pm
- Walgreens – Most 24-hour stores are open all day.
- Wegmans — Shops close at 4 p.m
- Whole Foods — Open 7 a.m. to 4 p.m